Illegal Search & Seizure

Were Your Fourth Amendment Rights Violated?

The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives citizens the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizures. If your home, car, other property or body has been unlawfully searched, your civil rights have been violated, and we can help.

Many people are not aware that they can sue the police and seek compensation if their Fourth Amendment rights have been violated. At Abramson & Denenberg, P.C., we advocate for victims who have suffered acts of police misconduct in Philadelphia and the surrounding communities. Our family-owned law firm has been in business for more than 50 years, and you can trust our reputation for aggressively protecting your rights.

Alan Denenberg leads our firm's police misconduct and criminal defense practices. He previously worked as a city solicitor, handling claims against the police from the other side. This experience gives him an insider's perspective that he uses to his clients' advantage.

Did Police Obtain A Search Warrant Or Consent?

Police are only allowed to search your home or property if they have a warrant or exigent circumstances based on probable cause. This means that the circumstances leading to the search could lead a reasonable person to believe you committed a crime.

Even if the police discovered — during an illegal search — that you did commit a crime, you still may have a civil rights case against the police.

Evidence that is gathered illegally cannot be used against you. A skilled lawyer will work to make sure that any resulting charges against you are dropped and potentially pursue a false arrest claim against the police.

Do You Have A Case?

If you think you have been subjected to an illegal search and seizure, schedule a free consultation with an attorney at our law firm as soon as possible. There is no obligation to hire us and what we discuss during the consultation will remain confidential.

We handle civil rights claims on contingency. You pay nothing unless we win compensation for you. Call 215-398-7066 or fill out this form to contact our firm.

0/5 (0 Reviews)